July 21, 2008

Ruby Bunny



Every little girl needs a special friend that has been there since the beginning... A friend that can cuddle with you when you are afraid, who has big ears to hear all of the secrets you need to tell, and can squish small enough to fit into a bike basket for an adventurous ride. Tori's friend Ruby Bunny has been there for her always. They were crib mates. Ruby stood sentinel over Tori during the first nights, was nap time buddy during toddler times, helped Tori brave kindergarten, and she has been there for all of the bumps along the way. She is showing all of the love. Ruby gets sewn up more often then ever now, and she is a little more difficult to fix each time. Tori patiently waits for me to stitch her up. The one thing that Tori won't tolerate is Ruby Bunny being put in the washing machine.
"Mom, you can't put Ruby Bunny there, she'll drown."
I've explained it many ways, nothing works. I've even said that it is her "spa treatment".
Not Happening.
The only way that I can get Ruby Bunny clean is to sneak into Tori's room at night and steal Ruby Bunny away, wash her, dry her, and put her back before morning. I had to do this tonight. While Tori understands that Ruby Bunny is cleaner, it is an unspoken thing between us that she did not allow it to happen. I am seeing Tori grow up so quickly, and I know that Ruby Bunny is on borrowed time. For now, my little Tori and her little bunny are inseparable: they are tea party ladies, ballerina rockstar super spies, and grand adventurers. Who knows what tomorrow will bring... but I'll have pictures to remind Tori of her great friend.

No comments: