October 30, 2008

Playing Little Miss Muffet

I was minding my own business this morning, cleaning.
Did I mention to you that I truly loathe cleaning? I try to make it quick and efficient, which cuts back on having to repeat it. I started from the top, sweeping cobwebs and dust off ledges... I dusted, shined, scrubbed, mopped, and finally ... vacuumed. I HATE vacuuming.
I worked up a sweat! Phew! As a reward, I brewed a shot of espresso, steamed a cup of milk, stirred in the chocolate and sat down to enjoy my mocha.... my very earned mocha. Total bliss! I think that half of the enjoyment of the mocha is smelling it, which I was doing when, out of the corner of my little eye I spied movement on the wall. I spun my head to the right and watched a 1.5 inch spider slowly crawling her way up my wall. I can only presume that I unknowingly evicted her from her home and she was relocating. Most likely to my bed, or one of my shoes, which is completely unacceptable.
Did I mention that I also loathe spiders? I might have mentioned it. Usually I freak out. Today was different because this was a mama spider and I could not afford to lose her. I grabbed a jelly jar and lid and helped her move into it. She was so angry. She writhed and squirmed in the jelly jar and I got a very good look at her belly, which sports a lovely red hourglass. Pretty, shiny Black Widow.


I think that she is one of Tori's Spiderbabies that somehow escaped the great cloud of death.
Guess what my family is doing later today?
Clearing out so that the Bug Man can do his murderous thing.

No comments: