August 12, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

This morning my husband snickered as he kissed me goodbye.
It was around 4:30, and I was mostly sleeping... but I heard it never the less.
I didn't think much of it because I was more interested in getting back to sleep.
Oh mercy.
When I finally did get up and out of bed I figured out what was so funny...
I looked like I had been channeling Aretha Franklin. I had BIG hair. Big, crazy hair.
I went to bed with wet hair, which is such a no-no... I have hair that likes to curl, and things were looking a bit gnarly.
A bit of advice for us girls with the natural curl?
NEVER, NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR. EVER.
It took two shampoos and 10 minutes of deep conditioning to get that mess sorted out.
I have her song R-E-S-P-E-C-T stuck in my brain. Serves me right for being that bad to my head.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can so totally relate. I got naturally curly hair that is very big if I go to bed with it wet.